Friday, October 15, 2010

Vocabulary Part 2 (After the Ball)

Using five of the above words, describe the beating of the Tartar from the Colonel's perspective.



             "What a majestic evening!" I thought to myself after leaving the ball that night! And majestic it was; dancing with my lovely, elegant daughter, conversing with some of my closest friends, and even the little things like walking outside under the ethereal glow of the two o'clock moon. Yet, I feared that something would ruin my happiness; a small sense of disappointment foreboding was in the night mist. 

            And that's when I got the call. One of the privates under my command had informed me of a Tartar fleeing from our detainment site. There was a flame burning in the pit of my being seeing how this was the third attempted escape in the last week. My contempt for these blasted Tartars grew as my tolerance decreased, so an epic punishment was in need to show some of these hellions a lesson. I reported to the men in my platoon, and had them bring some rope, their rifles, and the batons we normally used to initiate the new recruits. I hand selected one of Tartars from the pen and tied him to the rifles of my two leading men. This detestable excuse of a human would be a sign of what would happen if any of them attempted to escape again. As for the one that did try to escape, I plucked our best rifle from the armory and shot him myself. Now it was time for the message to get put across to the Tartars, so we proceeded to drag him to the town square to let the beating ensue.

           

1 comment: