Friday, January 14, 2011

VOCABULARY ~~~ PART 2 (Why Witches Hate Macbeth)

           It was that time of the day when I normally get my exercise by walking through the forest. I prefer to do this at night rather than in the day because I meet much more interesting characters and beings that way. This night was no exception, for it was this night I would meet three of the most peculiar creatures I have yet to see on my midnight strolls. Witches!!!!!

          As you know, I was walking in the middle of the dark, spooky forest. I am quite the dauntless man and am not afraid of the dark, or supernatural beings, or being ripped to shreds by a passing wolf. None of that scares me. Because of this, I went sauntering my way through the forest and caught myself whistling merry show tunes. It was quiet at first, but as my pace increased, so did the volume of my music. Due to this, I had unsurprisingly gained myself quite the attention. Little squirells were poking their heads out of their tree holes to investigate, foxes came scurying by, and three witches appeared before my in a ghastly puff of smoky magic. I was sent down to the ground due to the force of their abrupt arrival.
          I immediately looked up at their hideous figures and asked them their business in the forest and why they ever so rudely interupted my whistling. They said that they were waiting for Macbeth to show. I had heard of a brave warrior named Macbeth that lead Scotland to victory against the Norwegians days earlier, and the witches confirmed that this was the same man as they were talking of. They surmised that he would become King of Scotland and they wished to tell him this. It was all a big huge plan that they had to tell him of his future. All I heard was the one witch prate on and on about it until she came to the point of his kingship leading to his death. I cocked my head to the side when I heard this and demanded more info. The witch to the left (the ugliest one) laughed and asked, "Have you not heard? Macbeth is a bounteous man, and those who are nice, loyal, and generous deserve a slow, painful, and humiliating death!"

         That was awfully cruel I thought, and those witches shouldn't really have any control over the destinies of the good-willed and generous. I continued to question them just why they hated 'good' people. The answer given was that it was the command and wish of the almight Graymalkin and Paddock and some other name I don't seem to remember. Perhaps they are witch gods, or maybe high ranking witches that tell other witches to do their bidding. I had not the slightest clue, but they began to chant a surfeit of names of people who were on their mystical list to be tricked into their death.

         By this point, I was tired of their pointless blabbering about killing good people so I got up from my position on the rocky earth, dusted myself off and continued walking. The witches looked at me awkwardly as I strode away from them, but I didn't care, they were boring me. I wanted to get back to my cottage before the sun rose so I could make myself some tea.

         I eventually got home and heard the news about the new Thane of Cawdor, Macbeth! It appeared that the witches had carryed out their plan sooner than I thought. Although I knew of the witches intentions, I knew it was beyond me to intervene and possibly save Macbeth, so I sipped some tea from my silver chalice, ate a piece of bread, sat on my bed and took a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment