Friday, November 4, 2011

What Does Hester Think?!?!?

          Hester spoke aloud in her bedroom, with a florid expression of despair and fear on her face.
"Finding poor Dimmesdale on the scaffold all alone seems to have traumatised me. I am simple lost for words. Such a man of veneration and reverance falling so fast into whatever devillish method Chilllingworth is imploring him to partake in. I fear that Chillingworth is making him suffer too hard. If we both partook in the sin of equal ignominy, then why is it that he hath been given the harsher sentence. His mind and conscience is obviously plague and there is a dearth of hope and happiness within him."

Hester was quiet for a few moments, but then realized that she took out a $500,000 life insurance policy on him just the other day. Her lit up happily and an evil, menacing smile grew upon her face.
 "Actually, Chillingworth can continue with what he is doing. Without Dimmesdale, Pearl and I can become Magnates in the colony, having so much wealth that people will flock to our homestead begging for everything and everything! MWUHAHAHA!"

Once she had calmed down a bit, she continued.


 "All the things I could buy! I could feed Pearl for the next 200 years! Chillingworth has vitiated Dimmesdale's life and I don't know how to thank him. Perhaps I'll take him back. I always knew there was a reason I married him."

She stood up from her bed, exited her room, and walked out of the house to find Pearl playing in the lawn, fastening nooses from blades of grass. Hester smiled, then called out, "Come Pearl, we're going to the insurance agency!" 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment